Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Amazing Woman!

Today is a bitter sweet day for my family. Last night on Halloween, we lost the best grandmother a family could wish for. She fought long and hard to be here with this family but it was her time to go join the rest of them. She is finally with her husband that she lost 25 years ago. At the age of 91 years of age she passed in her own bed at home, with her faithfully doting daughters near her all the time. Lots of good-byes were said but she will never and could never be forgotten. I feel her with me all the time. She was a fierce woman with a kind heart and and beautiful mind. She taught me so much about life and love. I will cherish my memories of her. My step-mom made a beautiful quilt when I married Corey that was my memories of my grandma. Things like her apple tree, her rose bush, candy from the hand-made candy jar my grandpa made, Hallmark ornaments and the old barn out back, but the center block is a big tree like the one in her yard that says family over it. It is so true to her and to her heart. Our family is amazing and we owe so much to that beautiful woman. We love you Luella Henderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment