Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Year In Review: 2012

I have a lot of blogging to do to feel like I am caught up. I will start with a year in review and then move on according to priority. It will jump around a bit but there are some events I really want to get posted and then others that would be nice if time allows.

So lets get started...

January 2012

Moved in to our new house in West Point!

Started my last year of the Bachelors program

Hawaii with the Walton's - epic vacation in Maui. Loved scuba diving, boogie boarding, eating, and living. I have a serious love afair with Hawaii and wish I could live there.



February

Boring month of just school and work.

March

Corey's Surgery (see later post)

April

Found out we were pregnant!
It was April 27th and I was home from school and work. I took a test in the a.m. and was shocked that it was positive. I had developed this bad habit of just taking tests at random because I was so hoping to get pregnant. I took the test that morning with full intention that it would be negative... again. But it wasn't. I waited till that night when Corey got home from work to share the news. He was in a grumpy mood and very hungry (which go hand-in-hand for him). We were cooking dinner and I went and got the test from a hiding place and was holding it behind my back. I said that I had a surprise for him but that he had to guess what it was. He told me to quit playing games and to just tell him what it was. I tried a little longer to get him to guess but finally just showed it to him. It took about 30 seconds for it to sink in but then he wrapped me up in his arms and we started laughing together. He proceeded to dance around the kitchen and hoot and holler. He was instantly so happy. He may have even cried a little. We decided to keep it a secret until after the first trimester. That was a very hard task, but it was so special for just the two of us to know.

May

We had a lovely visit with Corey's grandparents

Throughout the spring and summer we installed a vinyl fence around the yard and it was the biggest pain in the butt!

June

Found out that our due date was January 1, 2013
We shared the good news with the family on Father's Day. I told my mom and siblings on Saturday the 16th. I brought it up by asking if they wanted to have an awesome New Years party at the hospital. Mom was the first to get it. We told the Walton's and my dad with the same way. I framed a copy of the ultrasound and gave them grandpa cards. They loved it!

Corey and I went to Park City for the weekend at the very end of the month. We had done the same thing the year before and we had so much fun on the mini vacation so we did it again. I was fighting morning sickness the whole time but we still had a blast.

July

Back in May we had bred our oldest dog, Maya with Kevin and Sue's male yorkie, Harley. We had no idea that it worked until we got back from Park City. We were blessed with a healthy litter and momma on July 23rd. (See later post for the whole story)

July 27th - Corey and his family went scuba diving to Blue Lake in Wendover. I stayed home due to my pregnancy. The opening ceremonies of the olympics were that night and I went and got some Chinese take out and curled up to watch them. That was when I felt the baby move for the first time. It felt like a goldfish swimming in my belly.

August

Found out on the 14th that we were having a GIRL!
We got into the appointment and we were so nervouse. Not only were we going to find out what we were having but if there was something wrong then they might find it here. It was amazing to see the little body so detailed and absolutely perfect! I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time until the technician showed us the gender.I hadn't cared one way or the other but knowing it was a girl, made me so happy. Corey pulled out his wallet, kissed it and said "I am going to miss you" then handed it over to me. I guess he already knew that she was going to be a princess!

September

I got in a fender bender on my home from the doctors office on the 11th. The baby and I were fine but it was such a bummer. I was driving the truck and the back bumper got dented really bad. I had to deal with getting that replaced for the rest of the month. It was a total pain!

October

Corey and I got pictures taken



November

The baby shower was on the 3rd and it turned out amazing! A huge thank you to everyone that made it possible and came out to show Riley and I some love.

December

Finish my school program and graduated on December 14th. I had sworn that I would graduate before I had a baby so that was a big day for us to get through. I was really big and uncomfortable and not feeling well that day but I walked down the stage and got my Bachelors degree in Nursing. Yipee! Afterward we went out to dinner with the family and then stopped by Babies R Us for a few things that I wanted to get before we had the baby. (Look forward to a later post to see how the rest of that night went) 

December 31, 2012
The end of an amazing year. We partied with our friends while Sue watched the baby. I kissed my husband at midnight and had a rush of images from the year. From finishing school, working as an RN, being pregnant, delivery, and everything in between. I am so blessed and grateful to everyone in my life. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment